Friday, December 11, 2009




In my portrait I was trying to portray that I am a student and I work very hard in school due to the many pencils and pens shown. Also, I wanted to make the face look very similar to my own face. The composition shows a trapped feeling through showing only the hand and pencil case as out of the mirror while having my face in the mirror. I chose to include my pencil case to show that I am a student. The lighting that I chose was slightly to the side of my face. This created interesting shadows on my hand and face. The background in the picture is the cieling of the artroom where I was drawing. THis also symbolizes school adn the fact that I am a student. I had many difficulties while working with this portrait. I really struggled with my face and getting it to resemble me.

3 comments:

  1. I like the way that you make the mirror stand out by having your pencil case and background dark. I do think that your hand could have been a little bit darker to help this contrast though. The light in the mirror makes it feel like you're looing into another world. I also love the braid comming over yourshoulder. It really has your look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You created a very layered, interesting portrait. Your forms are solid with excellent ranges of dark to light tones. You struggled with your likeness but finally captured your "look".
    Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a huge improovement from last years :)

    ReplyDelete